Out Of Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clear your Headlights!

Go down

Clear your Headlights! Empty Clear your Headlights!

Post  KillerRabbit Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Hey guys, well Kyle asked about my headlight on my Suby.
Another DIY, i did it with my mom saying, "why the hell is your headlight in the oven". it was great. Twisted Evil
Anyways take everything you can off of it, like wiring, bulbs.
Set the Oven to 200 degrees then put the headlight on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven.

Set your timer for 10 minutes. Then pull it out, when you pull it out you will see tabs on the headlight, pull them back so the headlight can be pulled apart. Then just be careful pulling it apart.

Once its apart you can start taking out the lens and other stuff after you locate the screws and everything else. Pop the amber pieces out. Then you done if you wanted to clear it. On my suby i just took them out and put the light back together. On my civic the housing is chrome and i painted it black. So its your preference.

When putting the headlight back together put it in the oven at the same temp for 5 minutes instead of 10. That way you heat up the glue and when you push it back together it will seal up right.

Thats it, if you did it correctly then great, if not dont worry you can fix it just take your time.
Here are mine.
BEFORE: =ghey!
Clear your Headlights! L_009374410d7e1b558c5b73b36931bcc8
AFTER: =SEX!!!
Clear your Headlights! L_7d5a2f537bb75be357f936c7ba174fe9
KillerRabbit
KillerRabbit

http://www.myspace.com/hondarabbit

Back to top Go down