Out Of Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Adjustable Camber Arms

+2
KillerRabbit
Josh350GT
6 posters

Go down

Rear Adjustable Camber Arms Empty Rear Adjustable Camber Arms

Post  Josh350GT Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:55 am

So now that we know why im blowing out tires i need to fix that problem, i need to know how to adjust the rear cambe arms so i have equal tire wear and im no longer having full inner blowouts and i can get Brandon his spare back lol. im wanting to do this before friday night because i dont want to have a blow out again friday night, so im gonna try to do it myself, i just need help. So anyone that knows who to adjust the tow and camber in the rear feel free to let me know how its done.
Josh350GT
Josh350GT

Back to top Go down

Rear Adjustable Camber Arms Empty Re: Rear Adjustable Camber Arms

Post  KillerRabbit Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:41 am

Well not sure on Nissan's and the way the G35-Skyline is but on Honda's and other older imports. You can add washers to the rear camber, where it bolts to the frame. That spaces the arm back out giving you positive camber instead of so much negative camber. As far a toe, you will need a alignment to fix that one.
KillerRabbit
KillerRabbit

http://www.myspace.com/hondarabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh350GT Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 am

thanks!
Josh350GT
Josh350GT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:43 am

well ive never adjusted toe out on a regular car. but on my racecar i just use a wrench and loosen the sweg tubes and then i can just spin them and adjust it that way. you may be able to do it on you car with you front end stuff. just lift the front of you car in the air, adjust the parts needed and just measure from the center of one tire to the center of the other on the front side and back and see if its true. i dont know if that helps or if you understand that but thats all i know. its pretty much an alignment

Back to top Go down

Rear Adjustable Camber Arms Empty about that

Post  Duke 01 Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:59 am

i dont know if its anything near how mine works and i doubt it but to change the chamber on my rear end all i have to do is unbolt the top of the shock where it mounts to the car the the plastic strut mount is made in such a way that rotating the bolts to diff holes you can change the chamber. Thats about all i know. i feel bad about not being able to help you bro i would if i could my cars transmission lost first gear and i'm worried i might lose the trann'y soon but i'm getting the fiero going this week hopefully i hope you have a better week bro i know how bad it sucks to not have a car.
Duke 01
Duke 01

Back to top Go down

Post  Kracker666 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:07 pm

nah its nothing like that and that is danerous to do that cause it will throw the shock and strut into a position that is not meant for it =\ ... i would try to find a camber kit for your car or try the washer idea .. cause the stock arms are meant for the stock wheel and when you upgrade you need to upgrade your arms to mathc the new differance in the camber..
Kracker666
Kracker666
Admin

http://www.Myspace.com/lowdakotaz

Back to top Go down

Post  EmilyMathes Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:13 am

Hey Kid.. i was just readin online bout your car trying to figrure out whats wrong.. and I read something that another guy with the same kinda car as yours put new wheels on his.. and had that same problem.. he had to buy a camber kit for his to fix the problem!

I also read that you do not need to get a cheap kit because they are made poorly and with the wrong material and snap if you are frequently going high speeds!

Godd brands are Whiteline and NAGISA!

Maybe this will help you a little!
EmilyMathes
EmilyMathes
Admin

https://outoforder.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon350z Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:29 am

i have look at the car personally and i am telling everyone it has adjustables camber arms in the rear at the very least i know what they look like they may be cheap i dont know but they are there and i do know how to adjust them so slow up people simadownow
Brandon350z
Brandon350z

http://myspace.com/hotcarl2400

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum